6 dead and dozens injured in a fire home for the elderly in northern Italy

Six people were killed in a fire that broke out Thursday night in a home for the elderly in the northern Italian city of Milan, and more than 80 people were injured in the accident.
The fire brigade reported that 6 residents of the house were killed, while others were taken to hospital after inhaling smoke, and firefighters rescued dozens of other inmates.
Italian media reported that 81 people were injured, two of them seriously, and 170 people were evacuated.
The dead are 5 women - aged between 69 and 87 - and a 73-year-old man.
The news agency "Agy" reported that two women living in a common room died in the fire, while the others died of smoke suffocation.
Milan Mayor Giuseppe Sala said, "The fire broke out in the room of the two women who died."
The mayor explained that the fire was extinguished very quickly, but the resulting fumes harmed many inmates.
For his part, National Fire Service spokesman Luca Carey confirmed the death toll, adding that 3 of the injured were in critical condition, and said that the fire had been put out and its causes were under investigation.
Source: Agencies
Post a Comment